Senior Industrial Hygiene Professional – New Providence, NJ
At Baron Environmental, our core focus is to reduce or streamline the burdensome regulatory requirements for our clients and to make any environmental, health & safety program easier to implement, improve, and sustain. Our consulting teams distinguish themselves from other firms by using agile methodologies within a Scrum process framework.
Employees at Baron embrace this framework, its value, and the value that everyone brings to it. Working at Baron entails a full commitment to transparency, continuous improvement, and adaptation. Baron creates a flexible environment for our employees with work/life balance, where everyone on our team helps one another, has a vested interest to improve skills, obtain certifications, and share knowledge.
Projects and areas of company expertise include: environmental, health & safety compliance; EHS auditing; industrial hygiene, stormwater/wastewater permitting and reporting; hazardous materials and waste; air quality management; spill prevention planning; health & safety programs and training; agency negotiation; AST/UST compliance and integrity testing; remediation oversight; product regulatory (SDS authoring and TSCA compliance).
- Effectively manage multiple EHS projects (preferably someone that has managed projects using a Scrum process framework or using agile methodologies).
- Supervise project and/or project teams with oversight of junior-level professionals
- Industrial Hygiene qualitative and quantitative assessments
- Prepare client proposals.
- Audit sites for EHS compliance as the lead auditor.
- Prepare and present training courses (5 to 100 people per class) on a regular basis in all areas of EHS in English (and Spanish, if bilingual).
- Conduct EHS compliance assessments, permitting, and reporting.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of site-specific EHS policies and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- B.S and/or M.S. in the public health, physical sciences, biological sciences or engineering, with credits in one or a combination of the following: biology, chemistry, engineering, environmental health, health physics, industrial hygiene, physics, physiology, or toxicology.
- 10 or more years of professional experience equivalent to an Industrial Hygienist
- 0 or more years of experience working with OSHA health & safety programs
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience using Scrum, or another agile framework is preferred.
- Proven health & safety auditing experience.
- Experience negotiating with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Safety certifications such as CSP, CET, or CIH are preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the operational and technical problems involved in the administration of a specialized program.
- Knowledge of the assigned program specialty.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and legislative processes related to the work.
- Knowledge of reporting methods and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of the fundamentals of chemistry, mathematics, and physics.
- Considerable knowledge of industrial processes, equipment, and materials used in the work place.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of industrial hygiene and work place hazards.
- Considerable knowledge of scientific methods of health hazard control.
- Considerable knowledge of the relationship of working conditions to health.
- Considerable knowledge of the techniques of industrial hygiene investigation.
- Considerable knowledge of an industrial hygiene program.
- Considerable knowledge of state and federal statutes and rules concerning industrial hygiene topics.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the industrial hygiene activities of a specific industrial hygiene program.
- Ability to use testing and measuring equipment for noise, toxic substances, and harmful physical agents.
- Ability to conduct studies and collect data to determine sources of industrial health hazards.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, accurate investigation reports, legal notices of violations, and narrative reports.
- Ability to prepare cases for prosecution and to appear in court as an expert witness.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate program and administrative activities of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures relevant to program areas based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and expedite work projects.
- Ability to interpret complex rules and regulations.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
- Ability to communicate with others verbally and in writing.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.consentiumsearch.com/job-search, Job #1177
Senior Risk Engineer – Morristown, NJ
Crum & Forster provides specialty and standard commercial lines insurance products through our admitted and surplus lines insurance companies.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual who will provide superior risk engineering services to Middle Market Commercial accounts.
C&F is cultivating a high performance culture that rewards its employees for ensuring the organization achieves profitable growth. Risk Engineering is a key contributor to identifying, securing, and retaining desirable accounts which support this goal. Senior Risk Engineers in this organization will have an important role in ensuring our success.
This position will:
- Work with underwriting to retain existing accounts and support new business opportunities
- Perform complete risk evaluations and job site visits to identify client exposures and evaluate controls
- Ensure that Insureds receive consistent service across all locations that satisfy customer and underwriter expectations
- Develop effective service plans to assist with improving Insureds loss control programs
- Work closely with Underwriting, Claims, Insureds, and Agents to promote Risk Engineering and develop solutions for their needs
- Monitor loss trends and measure the impact of Risk Engineering on profitability of assigned accounts
- Present to associations and stakeholder groups on safety and risk engineering programs
- Identify and produce new programs to promote and support risk engineering goals and customer needs
- Stay current on existing laws and regulations, emerging technologies, and loss prevention practices
- Will abide by departmental policies and procedures, including authority levels, to comply with C&F’s risk management controls
The Risk Engineering group works very closely with many stakeholders including business customers, agents, vendors, underwriters, claims, and other internal resources. A successful candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and interacting with all levels of the company.
Candidates that would best match our need should have:
- Minimum 10 years of loss prevention experience with a multi-line Commercial P&C carrier – or 4 years’ experience if accompanied by professional designation in ASP, ALCM, ARM, CIH, OHST, or CPCU
- College degree or an equivalent in Safety/Occupational Health, Engineering or the Sciences is required
- Knowledge and experience with all lines of business (WC, GL, Auto, Property, etc.)
- Emphasis on Property / HPR experience is preferred
- Certification by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a valid Driver’s License that meets C&F MVR standards
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and travel by driving and/or flying
- Overnight travel is routine
- Ability to perform on-site policyholder inspections requiring extensive walking, climbing stairs or ladders, handling uneven terrain, etc.
- Ability to move about work sites of varying physical and environmental hazards including moving mechanical equipment, noise, temperature variations, airborne contaminants, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or carry laptop computer with associated equipment weighing about 25 pounds.
For more information and to apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1080USFI/JobBoard/d49542d6-5e5d-4453-a2dd-8ebe3f5777fc/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3471d9fe-1a30-446d-9e66-eb9842c6213a
H&S Project Manager – Eatontown, NJ
Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. is seeking an experience Project Manager for our Health & Safety (H&S) group. The candidate will conduct H&S field studies to identify/assess physical, chemical or biological health hazards in the workplace. Additionally, they conduct field studies in industrial settings while observing industrial processes and collects detailed notes, and processes samples for submission to an industrial hygiene lab to develop corrective recommendations. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of NJ Right to Know, Hazard Communications, OSHA and other safety standards and recommendations (e.g. NFPA, DOT, ANSI, etc.). Conducting safety training such as but not limited to asbestos awareness, RTK, bloodborne pathogens, fall protection, etc., as well as safety related risk assessments and generating reports to assist clients with their written safety programs and/or implementation of safety related activities are included in this roles duty. The Project Manager is responsible for preparing reports within a tight schedule and within budget as well as submitting draft reports to the Senior Project Manager for QA/QC and final distribution.
- Contacts Clients and schedules studies
- Writes and technical reports
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects per deadlines and within budget
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Able to travel in state at least 50% of the time
- Able to travel out of the state 10% of the time
- Communicates with clients throughout the term of the project.
- Maintain communication with team members throughout the course of the project.
- Plans, schedules and tracks project timelines to ensure project progress status is on schedule.
- Provides solid recommendations and solutions to clients.
- Identify and resolve issues with projects.
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or e-mail), recommendations to Clients.
- Manage Client follow-up, questions, and concerns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Client Relationships
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with Clients
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Education: Bachelor Degree from an accredited College/University in Safety Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Biological/Physical Sciences. Having the ASP or CSP is recommended.
- Experience: 3 to 6 years relevant experience
- Communications: Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English. Ability to also speak Spanish is desirable.
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone
- Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen
- Physical: Requires frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout the work shift. Requires manual dexterity to operate equipment and perform manual responsibilities.
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.partneresi.com/about/careers/project-manager-health-and-safety