Safety and Health Professional (3-5 years) – Exton, PA
1Source Safety and Health, Inc. has immediate openings for Safety and Health Professionals to join our growing organization in the Exton, PA office. The responsibilities of the positions will be varied, with the potential to address the comprehensive needs of our clients in manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, and more. Grow with us in a challenging environment mentored by professionals.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in industrial hygiene, construction safety, asbestos and indoor air quality
- Strongly motivated, and excellent communication skills
- Strong writing and computer skills are required
- Consulting experience is preferred
- Current CIH or CSP certification is a plus
For immediate consideration, fax or email your resume and salary requirements to Christian M. Schneider, CIH, President. Fax: 610-524-0565. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety and Health Professional (1-3 year) – Exton, PA
1Source Safety and Health, Inc. has openings for Safety and Health Professionals to join our growing organization in our Exton, PA office. The responsibilities of the positions will be varied but will include asbestos building inspections, asbestos environmental quality assurance monitoring, indoor air quality investigations and construction safety to address the comprehensive needs of our clients in manufacturing, healthcare, schools, government, and more. The individuals will work with our CIHs, CSPs and CPE. Grow with us in a challenging environment nurtured by professionals.
- 1-3 years experience
- strongly motivated, with excellent communication skills
- Strong written and computer skills are required
- An undergraduate degree in safety and health or related fields is required
- Consulting experience is desired
For immediate consideration, fax or email your resume and salary requirements to Christian M. Schneider, CIH, President. Fax: 610-524-0565. E-mail email@example.com.
Workplace Safety Specialist – Princeton, NJ
Princeton University’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) provides leadership, technical support, information and training, consultation, and periodic audits of environmental, health and safety practices and regulatory compliance. EHS employs a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of 17 professional and support staff working to address health and safety issues in several broad areas including; workplace safety, occupational health, laboratory safety, emergency management, environmental programs, and general health and safety for the campus community.
Princeton University’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) seeks a motivated and dedicated individual to provide professional environmental health and safety services in a variety of workplace, laboratory, and research settings, in support of and under the general supervision of senior staff and program managers. The successful candidate is expected to conduct audits and surveys of buildings and shops, incident and accident investigations, evaluations of regulated activities, and provides information and services to students, faculty and staff.
The position assists EHS senior staff and program managers with aspects of workplace health and safety programs, such as confined space entry, lockout/tagout, fall protection, scaffolding, forklifts, electrical safety and the use of monitoring equipment to evaluate exposure to noise, airborne contaminants, and physical hazards. An important function of the position is the management and curation of data in support of workplace safety program areas, as identified during health and safety surveys or monitoring activities.
EHS prides itself on providing outstanding customer service and expects all members of the office to provide customer service to the campus community including delivery and assembly of supplies and equipment, and providing safety consultation with students, faculty, and staff.
The position occasionally responds to incidents, providing assistance to workers and emergency responders as needed, conducts daily monitoring of University incident reporting systems, and completes accident and incident investigations as assigned by EHS program managers.
- BS in occupational safety or in a scientific or engineering field and 1 to 3 years of occupational safety experience in facilities or service sector.
- Ability to master computer software, including Microsoft Office Professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate orally to a diverse community of clients. Able to perform public speaking and deliver training to diverse audiences/large and small groups.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and to follow work rules and procedures, and to work independently.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance multiple assignments.
- Interest in and ability to pursue and obtain professional credentials, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (e.g., instruments, self-contained breathing apparatus and waste containers), climb ladders, and wear respiratory protection.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Ability to pass background checks.
- Willingness to work in a variety of work areas including those where hazardous materials are used, in confined spaces (e.g., tunnels, pits, etc.), at heights (e.g., ladders, roofs, scaffolding), on constructions sites, and in laboratory settings.
For more information and to apply, visit https://main-princeton.icims.com/jobs/7980/workplace-safety-specialist/job
Safety Assurance Manager – NY/NJ
Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH)
Title: Safety Assurance Manager
Level: Band 4
Salary Range: $85,280 – $136,448
Department: Operations Services
Division: Agency Safety Management
Post Date: September 20, 2017
Please note that employees competing for a non-represented position are expected to meet the following timeframes to be eligible for this position:
• If this position represents a Within-Band promotion, you must have 18 months in your current position
• If this position represents a Band-to-Band promotion, you must have 12 months in your current position
• If this position represents a demotion, mobility or transfer move, you must have 12 months in your current position
The Safety Assurance Manager position is subject to a comprehensive background check that requires candidates to successfully pass a fingerprint based criminal history records check in order to obtain an airport Security Identification Display (SIDA) credential. The candidate must be able to maintain the SIDA credentials throughout their employment in the position.
Under the direction of the General Manager, Operations Safety, Agency Safety Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring safety and health mitigations are implemented, adhered to, are appropriate, effective, and sufficient in addressing the potential consequences of identified hazards. The successful candidate will closely collaborate with the Safety Risk Management Manager to ensure that safety and health issues and concerns that are identified by the Safety Risk Management unit through direct observations, reporting by facility staff or by the general public are investigated and acted upon in a timely manner. The Safety Assurance Manager will ensure that services are provided to the Agency, our facilities and to the public that we serve. This position also involves supervision and guidance of Safety Assurance staff and as necessary responds to emergencies, incidents and crises at all Port Authority and PATH facilities on a 24-7-365 basis to provide operational support. The Safety Assurance Manager will represent the General Manager, Operations Safety at internal and external meetings and internal committees and working groups.
This position requires travel to all Port Authority facilities and work hours may include some early morning and evening shifts and weekends.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Public Health, Safety, Industrial Hygiene or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum ten years practical experience in Safety, Occupational Health, Public Health and/or Safety field with at least 3 years of supervisory/management experience
- Applicants must be committed to the use of Safety Management System principles to further improve the Agency’s safety performance
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully pass all background checks and obtain and maintain clearance for secure access credentials
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience with US DOL OSHA, NY & NJ Occupational Health, Public Health and Safety codes and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and to successfully move projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook365
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff at all levels, contractors and outside vendors
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional or Registered Environmental Health Specialist or equivalent credentials
Interested candidates should email an updated resume to Bonnie Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Recruiter: Bonnie Choi
Ext.: (212) 435-2825
Email Address: email@example.com
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Industrial Hygienist – Piscataway, NJ
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygienist for the Environmental Health & Safety department of Central Administration.
Reports to the Manager of Health & Safety Services. The Senior Industrial Hygienist is responsible for performing advanced professional work in the recognition, evaluation and control of environmental, health and safety hazards to ensure a safe and healthful workplace for research, clinical, administrative and support staff. The duties include planning and direction of investigations, consultations, training programs, and remediation activities, along with appropriate documentation and reorting. The Senior Industrial Hygienist functions as a leader within the department and institution. The incumbent performs emergency response activities, including during off-hours and on-call periods.
- Using modern industrial hygiene principles, plans, organizes, performs, conducts, and reports on findings and recommendations for: health, safety, and environmental audits in laboratory, clinical, administrative, and support areas; investigations of occupational exposure to chemical, biological and physical hazards; industrial hygiene monitoring and personal air sampling; and, ergonomic assessments.
- Provides technical assistance, advice, and program consultation to staff and administration in the interpretation and application of safety and occupational health directives, practices, and procedures. Identifies appropriate controls to prevent exposure to hazardous agents; evaluates engineering controls; recommends controls to eliminate and/or minimize employee health risks.
- Prepares clear, accurate, and scientifically sound technical reports on investigations, studies, audits, inspections, and similar activities, to include, as appropriate: analysis, findings, conclusions and/or recommendations. Provides follow-up as necessary. Maintains a computerized database of investigations, inspections, audits, and related studies.
- Designs, develops, and deploys: both general and specialized safety and health training courses in formats which include, but are not limited to, classroom, online, and self-study modules; educational materials, online training, newsletter articles, and fact sheets; and safety and health policies and procedures.
- Assists with respiratory protection compliance to include qualitative and quantitative fit testing program development and training. Calibrates and maintains industrial hygiene equipment as necessary. Reviews laboratory research protocols to ensure appropriate health and safety practices, hazardous waste storage and disposal.
- Provides emergency response services, as needed, to include ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to protect the health and safety of personnel, minimize the impact on the environment, and control damage to university property.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidates will need to have one of the following:
- Completion of a graduate level program in a related field.
- Scientific training in the physical, chemical, engineering or life sciences, and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum (5) years of relevant professional occupational safety and industrial hygiene work experience.
- Professional certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, CHP) or the education, training and experience sufficient to become certified in the EH&S profession.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern principals of industrial hygiene, modern public health methods of prevention, and control of occupational related illness and injuries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and State laws, regulations, and standards related to health, safety, and environmental compliance, including OSHA, NJPEOSHA, ACGIH, and NIOSH, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and accompanying experience with equipment uses and methodologies of environmental monitoring.
- Ability to prepare clear, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations, along with superior oral presentation and other communications skills required.
- Use of the Internet for research purposes, and experience with computers (email, desktop software applications such as Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment required; must be able to work independently and without supervision, and on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Must have the maturity and judgment to represent the department in interactions with the university community and to seek assistance from supervisor, when needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge is necessary of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment.
- Active membership and participation in an EH&S professional society.
- Experience working in a university setting or health care environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical Demands: Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, wear Self Containing Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and provide emergency response services, as needed (including rotating on-call/off-hours services). Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/51645
Environmental Health and Safety Training Leader – NY
Emilcott, the leading provider of environmental, health and safety services, is looking for a EHS practitioner that loves to train other practitioners. This role will be responsible for driving business development for the Emilcott Training Institute, scheduling other practitioners for training, and personally delivering classes. The successful candidate will always have an appetite to always learn more, be detail-oriented, confident, articulate, and high energy
- Develop new and repeat customer base to extend the awareness of Emilcott as the preferred EHS trainer in the region.
- Lead new product strategy for the training group.
- Write training proposals designed to grow our businesses profitably, including entering information into our CRM and keeping abreast of client contact.
- Maintain accurate training files and records as required by the State law and Company policy under the direction of the Director of Training.
- Deliver a variety of health and safety training. Be prepared to personally teach classes as well as to schedule other Emilcott staff to do the same.
- Write and update curriculum as necessary.
- Travel to client sites as well as oversee the operations of the Emilcott Training Institute onsite.
- Create, track and oversee the record-keeping required for many certifications we offer.
- Keep our website up-to-date with the necessary information on dates, times and payments for classes offered.
- An enthusiastic business developer and natural networker.
- Experienced trainer with 3-5 plus years’ experience delivering health and safety curriculum.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Flexible, self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite which includes, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with shared documents, video chatting and other virtual technologies.
- A knowledge of project and expense management.
- Be a critical thinker and a problem solver
- Have reliable transportation (gas and mileage will be reimbursed per IRS guidelines)
Send email to Dora Medini: firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Hygiene Safety Professional – NY
Emilcott, the leading environmental health and safety consulting and technology firm in the metropolitan New York area, has an opening for a recent graduate with 0-3 years experience interested in learning all aspects of the EHS business. Our busy practice offers the enthusiastic, talented candidate an opportunity to gain experience and training across a broad variety of EHS engagements for both industrial and commercial facilities, as well as construction and hazardous waste sites.
We are a highly collaborative organization that values cross-training and mentorship of talent. The successful candidate will be well-organized, have excellent written and oral communication skills, work independently and have the technical education to be successful in the environmental, health and safety field.
- Provide technical support for client projects in all areas of EHS compliance
- Perform field tasks such as Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) investigations, Industrial Hygiene (“IH”) sampling, exposure monitoring, and Health & Safety oversight
- Provide OSHA compliance assistance and safety management at project location
- Assist with field reports and final work product – collect and provide project feedback as needed
- Provide project coordination and management support – interact with clients
- Opportunities to contribute to the development and delivery of EHS training courses
- Work schedule and location varies based on client’s needs. Occasional travel into New York City and surrounding areas is often required.
• 0-3 years of experience as an IH and Safety Professional
• Basic EHS knowledge and experience in areas of construction (highly desired) and industry safety, hazardous waste, IH and/or emergency response
• BS or BA in biology, chemistry,or environmental science
• Team player with excellent communication skills
Send email to Dora Medini: email@example.com