Safety Manager – Queens, NY
Tracking Code: 4225-872
STV is hiring a Safety Manager to work for the Construction Management division in its’ LaGuardia Airport Project NY Field Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of project safety policies, procedures, and training programs; performing job site safety inspections; overseeing incident / injures and near-miss reports, and corporate training records; conducting respiratory fit testing; and promoting health and safety within the company.
- Minimum of 4 years of related health and safety experience in construction industry
- Extensive knowledge of construction worksite safety practices and procedures
- Inspect, correct and provide education on safety deficiencies as they occur
- Identify and correct problems before they become hazards and report results to designated company representatives
- Knowledge state and local health and safety regulations and the ability to interpret and apply these regulations
- Ensure that Project Executives, Project Managers, Superintendents, and others are abreast of all OSHA regulations and the consequences of violating these regulation
- Verify that subcontractors are adhering to the Site Safety Management Plan, OSHA and all other regulations
- Familiarity with Hazardous Communications, Confined Space, Air Monitoring, Job Safety Analysis and Health and Safety Plans
- Ability to train employees on health and safety related policies, procedures, and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner with an appropriate level of detail, empathy and professionalism
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Current training certification in HAZWOPER, Site Supervisor, and 30 Hour Construction Safety and Health preferred
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment capability and discretion with confidential information
- Position requires travel, including regular job site visits
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and good driving record per an acceptable MVR
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information and to apply, visit https://stvinc-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=4225&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992503&company_id=16872&version=1&byBusinessUnit=&bycountry=&bystate=&byRegion=&bylocation=&keywords=&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=no&city=
Senior Industrial Hygienist – New Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygienist for the department of Environmental Health & Safety.
The Senior Industrial Hygienist reports to the Manager of Health & Safety Services. This position is responsible for performing advanced professional work in the recognition, evaluation and control of environmental, health and safety hazards to ensure a safe and healthful workplace for research, clinical, administrative and support staff. The duties include planning and direction of investigations, consultations, training programs, and remediation activities, along with appropriate documentation and reporting. The Senior Industrial Hygienist functions as a leader within the department and institution. The incumbent performs emergency response activities, including during off-hours and on-call periods.
- Using modern industrial hygiene principles, plans, organizes, performs, conducts, and reports on findings and recommendations for: health, safety, and environmental audits in laboratory, clinical, administrative, and support areas; investigations of occupational exposure to chemical, biological and physical hazards; industrial hygiene monitoring and personal air sampling; and, ergonomic assessments.
- Provides technical assistance, advice, and program consultation to staff and administration in the interpretation and application of safety and occupational health directives, practices, and procedures. Identifies appropriate controls to prevent exposure to hazardous agents; evaluates engineering controls; recommends controls to eliminate and/or minimize employee health risks.
- Prepares clear, accurate, and scientifically sound technical reports on investigations, studies, audits, inspections, and similar activities, to include, as appropriate: analysis, findings, conclusions and/or recommendations. Provides follow-up as necessary. Maintains a computerized database of investigations, inspections, audits, and related studies.
- Designs, develops, and deploys: both general and specialized safety and health training courses in formats which include, but are not limited to, classroom, online, and self-study modules; educational materials, online training, newsletter articles, and fact sheets; and safety and health policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate health, safety, and environmental records and documentation in conformance with the requirements of Federal, State, local, and University laws, rules, regulations, and policies. Record keeping may be in the form of paper copy, database, and/or electronic submissions.
- Provides emergency response services, as needed, to include ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to protect the health and safety of personnel, minimize the impact on the environment, and control damage to university property.
- Promotes staff development and the transfer of knowledge by cross training, mentoring, and/or guiding the activities of other staff members.
- Serves as a chair, member, or technical adviser to standing or ad-hoc committees. Serves as a liaison with Federal, State and local agencies, other colleges and universities, and professional organizations.
Minimum Education and Experience
Qualified candidates will need to have one of the following:
- Completion of a graduate level program in a related field.
- Scientific training in the physical, chemical, engineering or life sciences, and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of (5) years of relevant professional occupational safety and industrial hygiene work experience.
- Professional certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, CHP) or the education, training and experience sufficient to become certified in the EH&S profession.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern principles of industrial hygiene, modern public health methods of prevention, and control of occupational related illness and injuries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards related to health, safety, and environmental compliance, including OSHA, NJPEOSHA, ACGIH, and NIOSH.
- Demonstrated knowledge and accompanying experience with equipment used and methodologies of environmental monitoring.
- Ability to prepare clear, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations, along with superior oral presentation and other communications skills.
- Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision, and on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to travel to different sites.
- Active membership and participation in an EH&S professional society.
- At least one (1) year of experience working in a university setting or health care environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, wear Self Containing Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and provide emergency response services, as needed,(including rotating on-call/off-hours services).
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/69511
Senior Risk Engineer – Morristown, NJ
Crum & Forster provides specialty and standard commercial lines insurance products through our admitted and surplus lines insurance companies.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual who will provide superior risk engineering services to Middle Market Commercial accounts.
C&F is cultivating a high performance culture that rewards its employees for ensuring the organization achieves profitable growth. Risk Engineering is a key contributor to identifying, securing, and retaining desirable accounts which support this goal. Senior Risk Engineers in this organization will have an important role in ensuring our success.
This position will:
- Work with underwriting to retain existing accounts and support new business opportunities
- Perform complete risk evaluations and job site visits to identify client exposures and evaluate controls
- Ensure that Insureds receive consistent service across all locations that satisfy customer and underwriter expectations
- Develop effective service plans to assist with improving Insureds loss control programs
- Work closely with Underwriting, Claims, Insureds, and Agents to promote Risk Engineering and develop solutions for their needs
- Monitor loss trends and measure the impact of Risk Engineering on profitability of assigned accounts
- Present to associations and stakeholder groups on safety and risk engineering programs
- Identify and produce new programs to promote and support risk engineering goals and customer needs
- Stay current on existing laws and regulations, emerging technologies, and loss prevention practices
- Will abide by departmental policies and procedures, including authority levels, to comply with C&F’s risk management controls
The Risk Engineering group works very closely with many stakeholders including business customers, agents, vendors, underwriters, claims, and other internal resources. A successful candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and interacting with all levels of the company.
Candidates that would best match our need should have:
- Minimum 10 years of loss prevention experience with a multi-line Commercial P&C carrier – or 4 years’ experience if accompanied by professional designation in ASP, ALCM, ARM, CIH, OHST, or CPCU
- College degree or an equivalent in Safety/Occupational Health, Engineering or the Sciences is required
- Knowledge and experience with all lines of business (WC, GL, Auto, Property, etc.)
- Emphasis on Property / HPR experience is preferred
- Certification by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a valid Driver’s License that meets C&F MVR standards
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and travel by driving and/or flying
- Overnight travel is routine
- Ability to perform on-site policyholder inspections requiring extensive walking, climbing stairs or ladders, handling uneven terrain, etc.
- Ability to move about work sites of varying physical and environmental hazards including moving mechanical equipment, noise, temperature variations, airborne contaminants, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or carry laptop computer with associated equipment weighing about 25 pounds.
For more information and to apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1080USFI/JobBoard/d49542d6-5e5d-4453-a2dd-8ebe3f5777fc/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3471d9fe-1a30-446d-9e66-eb9842c6213a