Occupational Safety Consultant 1 – Trenton, NJ
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
POSTING #: 2020-47B
Under general direction of a supervisory official in a state department or agency, conducts the more difficult onsite occupational safety consultation visits to assist the employers in developing and implementing an effective safety program; provides a comprehensive assessment to identify present and potential safety hazards; recommends appropriate engineering, administrative, or work practice controls; imparts knowledge of codes and regulations, loss control, accident prevention, safety and health trend analyses, and risk assessment; provides on-site and off-site education and training, and determines eligibility for inclusion in exemption programs; does related work as required.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in the identification, analysis and/or solution of workplace safety hazards
involving the application of Federal OSHA and/or nationally recognized safety standards.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience, as indicated above,
on a year-for-year basis.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Please note that position may be filled at a lower level based on education and experience.
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING: Current NJ State Employees serving in a permanent capacity for an aggregate of at least one (1) year and must meet the open competitive requirements listed on the job specification on file at the Civil Service Commission.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/employ/2020-47B.pdf
EHS Position – Cranbury, NJ
Temporary 6 month EHS assignment in Cranbury, NJ. The job could start immediately. This is a 10,000 square foot R&D and small scale manufacturing facility and makes pharmaceutical test kits. There is a corporate EHS director in Worcester, MA but he needs someone in the Cranbury facility.
They may become a VSQG or SQG and there may be some minor hazwaste compliance efforts that are required (labeling, satellite accumulation, 90 day area, waste consolidation, etc.). Looking for someone to identify their compliance requirements, develop the programs needed and also to train employees, establish record keeping, etc.
The bulk of the support will be in developing and implementing their EHS program, including:
- Chemical hygiene plan, PPE Hazard Assessments
- Completing JHAs and identifying controls (engineering, admin, PPE)
- Establishing worse-case exposure scenarios either through calculations (total working volume in a hood type operation) or IH monitoring
- Hazard Communication Program
- Emergency Action Plan
- Chemical inventory, management, storage practices, proper segregation, etc.
- Biosafety (suspected BSL-2), BBP Exposure Control Plan
- Possible Respiratory Protection
- Hood certifications
- Safety Equipment inspections (FE, shower, eye wash)
- Injury Illness reporting
Daniel M. Bruun, CIH
1Source Safety and Health, Inc.
Note: 1Source is not the employer; they are helping their client fill a position.
Occupational Health Physician – NY
The Port Authority of NY & NJ
Job ID: 36624
Department: Human Resources
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The Port Authority is looking for a Physician with benefits for its Office of Medical Services. The Office of Medical Services delivers occupational health services that focus on providing a productive, safe and healthy workforce.
Note #1 – This position is located at our Office of Medical Services located at 156 William Street, New York, NY 10038.
Note #2 – This is a long term, project position with benefits.
- Performing assessments in connection with workplace injury evaluations
- Conducting medical screenings for pre-placements, and OSHA and federal required examinations
- Monitoring performance of required medical screenings to ensure timely completion
- Performing job fitness for duty examinations upon request
- Ensuring that employees are appropriately returned to duty from an injury on duty or job fitness evaluation within industry standards
- Acting as Medical Review Officer (MRO) for Port Authority (PA)/PATH. Keeping abreast of new Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, reviewing urine drug reports on an as-needed basis for verification
- Performing MRO interviews and making MRO determinations within DOT guidelines
- Responding to medical emergencies and providing health safety programs for Port Authority/PATH employees
- Participating in Employee Wellness Fairs and Safety Day at various Port Authority facilities
- MD degree, board certified, or board eligible
- 3 to 4 years of current experience in internal medicine or occupational medicine
- New York or New Jersey license
- Medical Review Officer certification
- Certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners to perform CDL medical examinations
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.jointheportauthority.com/jobs/4868640-occupational-health-physician
HSE Advisor (Industrial Hygienist) – NJ
This role is an Industrial Hygiene (IH) position requiring effective interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in word processing and database tools. Responsibilities involve workplace monitoring of physical and chemical agents, direct client interaction, equipment upkeep, computer input/recordkeeping, and maintenance of ongoing IH site programs.
- Performs routine and non-routine monitoring of physical and chemical agents in the workplace with minimal supervision
- Publish and communicate exposure assessment reports
- Direct interaction with site clients to develop an annual IH monitoring plan / program
- Owner of Bayway Hazardous Communication program for OSHA compliance
- Develop annual Exposure Assessment plan for IH monitoring while following Infineum Exposure Assessment Strategy (EAS)
- Support compliance with OSHA chemical specific standards
- Determine Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for operations based on chemical and exposure data
- Preparation of tables, graphs and descriptive reports of monitoring results
- Coordination of any monitoring by contractors
- IH equipment upkeep (maintenance, calibration, recordkeeping) and inventory control
- Coordination / recordkeeping of Radiation Badge Program and serve as site Radiation Officer
- Support Air-Purifying Respiratory Protection Program (selection, fit-testing, recordkeeping)
- Dual site responsibilities with primary at Bayway and supporting role at LBTC as required
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
- BS degree in a relevant major field of study applicable to industrial hygiene development preferred
- Minimum of 5-year relevant experience is required
- Experience in a manufacturing plant setting is preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills needed
- Proficiency using spreadsheets, word processing and database tools
For more information, and to apply, visit: https://www.infineum.com/en-gb/careers/career-opportunities/hse-advisor-industrial-hygienist/
IH and Environmental Positions – New York, NY
ALC Environmental still has positions available! If you are interested in working in the environmental field in the New York City Area…Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have full and part-time needs for:
LPB Inspectors & Risk Assessors
Industrial Hygiene Technicians
Trainers ( Spanish and English)
and various Assistant Project Manager Roles
Please send you resume to email@example.com