Environmental Health And Safety Engineer/Specialist/Manager – NJ
We are passionate about advancing the science of tissue repair and regeneration. That’s why we’re the driving force in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced collagen and mineral based medical devices that support the body’s natural ability to regenerate.
At Collagen Matrix, we are creative, innovative and accomplished. Our employees are proud of the products we manufacture and drive a positive spirit throughout our organization. We treat our employees exactly the same as all of our customers, with value and respect.
We have a newly created opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety candidate to join a growing team:
- Maintain and support the EHS program
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and understand how they impact the business
- Develop, implement and oversee procedures and programs to ensure Federal and State compliance with EPA and DEP
- Perform environmental and safety training to meet all regulatory requirements
- Investigate safety and occupational health related injuries/accidents.
- Perform or coordinate Industrial Hygiene monitoring, interpreting the results and implement changes as required
- Identification and management of Hazardous Waste
- Manage storage, handling, and labeling of hazardous waste
- Manifesting, transporting, & shipping hazardous waste
- Documentation and record keeping
- Maintain reporting requirements under local, state, federal regulations
- Obtain and maintain operating permits and licenses that are required the Environmental Protection Agency
- Knowledge of Hazardous Waste regulations, Waste Treatment Systems operation & maintenance.
- Lead safety and related meetings, and other project teams
- Supports Materials Management Manager in all aspects relating to safety and participates on Safety Committee
- Monitors safety regulations and provides technical support to Company personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Reviews safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Maintain required record keeping.
- Investigate safety and occupational health related injuries/accidents and follow-up with corrective actions with regards to safety hazards.
- Works directly with all department in safety issues and in preventative and corrective actions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferable in medical device environment of highly regulated industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and follow up skills.
- Computer and software skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of all hazardous chemicals & materials within the manufacturing facility
- Must be able to work safely with hazardous chemicals
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and working knowledge of ISO
- Experience working with state agencies on compliance activities
- Knowledge and working experience with OSHA preferred
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities accordingly.
If you are interested, we welcome your application. Please send resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Visit us at www.collagenmatrix.com to learn more. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Collagen Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Collagen Matrix celebrates the diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
Occupational Health Consultant 4 – Trenton, NJ
The Department of Health has a career opportunity for qualified candidates for the position of Occupational Health Consultant 4
EEOH / CEOHS / PEOSH
135 East State Street, Trenton, NJ
Under limited supervision of a supervisory official in a state department conducts limited-scope PEOSH enforcement inspections for the purpose of identifying, evaluating, monitoring, and controlling occupational or environmental health hazards; assists employers and/or others to recognize and prevent occupational or environmental health hazards; recommends effective controls; does related work as required.
Assists in conducting inspections at public facilities located throughout the state, including office buildings, K-12 schools, colleges and universities, hospitals, correctional facilities, institutional facilites, municipal buildings, public works facilites, field worksites, construction sites, and emergency response incidents.
Assists in the collection of samples of atmospheric dusts, fumes, mists, gases, and vapors and assists in operating direct-reading instruments to measure physical, chemical, biological, and ergonomic stresses in the workplace environment.
Compiles data about the individual onsite visit relative to occupational health principles involved with toxicology, effects upon anatomy and physiology, industrial chemical processes and the like, and makes determinations on findings consistent with OSHA, Right-to-Know, and other appropriate standards or regulations.
Candidate should have experience communicating potential hazards to the public in an effective manner. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required when leading discussions involving labor/management disputes and workplace accident/fatality investigations.
Assists in the preparation of written reports and maintains electronic records of field visit findings which contain identification and nature of specific/potential hazards, number of instances of hazards and their locations, reference to OSHA, Right-to-Know, or other appropriate standards/regulations, for each occupational health hazard, and suggested means of eliminating the conditions.
Candidate may be required to pass a fitness for duty physical examination and be approved to wear Level C personal protective equipment, as needed, including an air-purifying respirator, hearing protection, steel-toe boots, tyvek suits, and gloves. Lifting and handling of equipment up to 50 pounds may be required.
Appointees will be required to complete eight (8) specialized training courses for OSHA Compliance Safety and Health Officers at the OSHA Training Center in Arlington Heights, Illinois over a three (3) year period.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, the Biological, Physical, or Environmental Sciences, or Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
Experience: One (1) year of experience in a program involving the identification, analysis, and solution of occupational or environmental health hazards or illnesses.
Note: A Master’s degree in one of the above fields may be substituted for the required one (1) year of experience.
Special Training: Appointees may be required to complete a specialized training course for Compliance Safety and Health Officers conducted by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
License: Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
If interested in this position, you can reply in one of two ways:
- Forward the required documents electronically to:
- Mail the required documents to:
Susan Way, Executive Assistant 1
Epid., Environmental and Occupational Health
Reference Posting #231-19
New Jersey Department of Health
PO Box 369
Trenton, NJ 08625-0369
• cover letter
• completed application, found at:
* Responses received after the closing date MAY be considered if the position is not filled.
Health Safety Specialist III – Piscataway, NJ
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Health Safety Specialist III for the Department of Environmental Health & Safety. This position is principally responsible for performing the technical services, investigations, and visual inspections and/or for maintaining records for the University to assure that only sanctioned activities are carried out and that those activities are performed: in accordance with Federal, State & local requirements and University policies/procedures; without adverse health effects on faculty, staff, students, visitors and community; in a manner that will protect the environment; and so that the University’s resources are conserved and future liability is limited.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Inspects and assesses health/safety hazards.
• Communicates University policy and procedures.
• Responds to emergencies and request for assessments & investigations.
• Oversees all activities or services affecting health /safety in the geographical area of responsibility.
• Brings to the attention of the manager, circumstances that could develop into wide spread internal or external health/safety issues.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in physical, chemical or life sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience.
• Must have the maturity and judgment to represent the department in interactions with the university community and to seek help from supervisor when needed.
• Also requires excellent computer, interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
• Must be able to use understand applications and limitations of various sampling equipment.
• Ability to learn the technical aspects of department services.
• Must also be proficient in MS Word, MS Access, Excel, Outlook
• Must able to lift up to 50 pounds, have a valid driver’s license, pass a physical examination, and be able to wear a respirator.
• Clean Driving Record
• The ability and willingness to pursue graduate education and/or training toward certification in health/safety profession.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/95714
Health Safety Specialist I – Piscataway, NJ
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Health Safety Specialist I for the Department of Environmental Health & Safety. This position acts as the department’s continual presence, liaison and provider of routine services to the University community. All services and activities are carried out and performed without adverse health effects to faculty, staff, students or public, in a manner that will protect the environment, in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, accepted professional standards, in accordance with University policies and procedures, and in an open and sensitive manner so that University’s resources are conserved and future liability is limited.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Assists or has program responsible for the development, implementation and auditing of environmental, health and safety programs.
• Continually inspects for and assesses environmental, health and safety (EH&S) hazards
• Responsible for one-on-one communication of University policies and procedures.
• Responds to emergencies and requests for hazard assessments and investigations
• May advise and assist junior Health Safety Specialist in providing technical services on their campus.
• Carries out educational programs in EHS and risk management.
• Brings to the attention of the Director/Associate Director circumstances that could develop into wide spread internal/external risk.
• Develops and/or assist in the devlopment, implementation, auditing of environmental, health and safety programs.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Health Physics, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, or Hazardous Waste Management
• A minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Certification in the health/safety profession or training and experience sufficient to become certified in the health/safety profession and the intent to become certified.
• Experience and familiarity with the resources that are available to help make sound technical judgement for the resolution of a broad spectrum of issues in the EH&S field.
• Must have in depth knowledge of regulations and professional practice.
• Ability, experience, judgement and maturity to carry out all departmental responsibilities with limited supervision and to interact effectively with University community.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
• Excellent time management skills to routinely address multiple issues and activities
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License for business purposes.
• Position requires the person to be able to use a PC, Word, Excel, PPT and other EH&S software programs and databases.
• Must have knowledge of the operation and functions of various sampling equipment..
• Finalist will be required to take a physical and lung function test.
• Clean Driving Record
• Master’s Degree or completion of a graduate level program in Health Physics, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, or Hazardous Waste Management is preferred.
• Active membership and participation in an EH&S professional society.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/96728
Director, Environmental Health & Safety – New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
MSK is seeking a dynamic, experienced leader with a strong combination of technical knowledge and managerial skills encompassing environmental health and safety operations, planning, project management, and customer service. The ideal candidate will have superior professional standards and will be a hands-on operational leader who possess superb communication skills essential to work collaboratively and effectively across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate is decisive, results oriented, adapts and learns quickly, exhibits a strong desire to continue to learn and to implement continuous improvements, and is committed to building on MSK’s culture of excellence.
The Director of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) is an experienced and hands-on leader. The EHS Director is responsible for the operational management of the following programs and EHS staff managing and implementing these programs: Laboratory/Research Safety, Biological Safety, Chemical Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Ergonomics, Accident and Incident Prevention, Emergency Response, Dangerous Good Transportation, Hazardous Waste Management and Environmental Programs. This position will establish a strategic departmental operational plan with specific and measurable goals and monitor progress against this plan. The EHS Director will also serve as the point of contact with governmental safety and regulatory agencies on environmental, safety, and emergency response issues that affect MSK. This position will provide professional advice to organizational leadership, faculty, and staff on safety and regulatory issues affecting the organization’s instructional and research functions. This leadership role greatly contributes to building on MSK’s excellence.
- Provide leadership, direction, vision and support of comprehensive EHS programs throughout the organization, including laboratory and research safety, biological safety, chemical safety, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, occupational safety, accident and incident prevention, dangerous goods transportation, hazardous waste management and environmental compliance.
- Direct work of Program Managers, Specialists, and Safety Advisors to ensure all EHS staff implement programs and provide customer service consistent with departmental standards.
- Work with all EHS staff to develop performance goals, strategies, and metrics.
- Be responsible for the implementation of comprehensive emergency response programs including response to biological and chemical hazardous material incidents.
- Oversee the implementation of safety and compliance programs governed by OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDNY, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Design, develop and maintain EHS programs and systems to enhance the EHS services provided throughout the MSK community.
- Effectively manage, monitor and guide the staff of these respective disciplines assuring that they are proactively safeguarding life and property against biological, chemical, and physical hazards through the use of professional skills, judgment, creativity and human interaction
- Serve on the Executive Council for Safety and the Environment and Chair the Committee of Hazardous Materials and Waste.
- Report directly to the Vice President, EHS to assure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental protection requirements by means of inspections, reports, institutional committee memberships, and instructional workshops and training programs.
- Assume the roles and responsibilities of the Vice President, EHS in his/her absence.
- A Master’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Compliance with more than 10 years of experience in the Environmental Health and Safety field with formal training in industry and institutional safety.
- Familiarity with environmental health and safety standards from CDC, NIH, OSHA, EPA, DOT and state/local regulatory agencies.
- Capability of working independently and as a team member to develop and implement programs with EHS staff and MSK departments.
- Ability to act decisively when responding to emergency situations.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and managing position requirements including the ability to supervise and motivate staff and develop performance measures to maximize productivity and work quality.
- Highly service oriented with good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver concise documentation, presentations and trainings. Ability to organize and lead effective meetings.
For more information and to apply, visit https://externaltalent-mskcc.icims.com/jobs/33880/director%2c-environmental-health-%26-safety/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=753&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240