Occupational Health Physician – NY
The Port Authority of NY & NJ
Job ID: 36624
Department: Human Resources
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The Port Authority is looking for a Physician with benefits for its Office of Medical Services. The Office of Medical Services delivers occupational health services that focus on providing a productive, safe and healthy workforce.
Note #1 – This position is located at our Office of Medical Services located at 156 William Street, New York, NY 10038.
Note #2 – This is a long term, project position with benefits.
- Performing assessments in connection with workplace injury evaluations
- Conducting medical screenings for pre-placements, and OSHA and federal required examinations
- Monitoring performance of required medical screenings to ensure timely completion
- Performing job fitness for duty examinations upon request
- Ensuring that employees are appropriately returned to duty from an injury on duty or job fitness evaluation within industry standards
- Acting as Medical Review Officer (MRO) for Port Authority (PA)/PATH. Keeping abreast of new Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, reviewing urine drug reports on an as-needed basis for verification
- Performing MRO interviews and making MRO determinations within DOT guidelines
- Responding to medical emergencies and providing health safety programs for Port Authority/PATH employees
- Participating in Employee Wellness Fairs and Safety Day at various Port Authority facilities
- MD degree, board certified, or board eligible
- 3 to 4 years of current experience in internal medicine or occupational medicine
- New York or New Jersey license
- Medical Review Officer certification
- Certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners to perform CDL medical examinations
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.jointheportauthority.com/jobs/4868640-occupational-health-physician
Environmental Health And Safety Engineer/Specialist/Manager – NJ
We are passionate about advancing the science of tissue repair and regeneration. That’s why we’re the driving force in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced collagen and mineral based medical devices that support the body’s natural ability to regenerate.
At Collagen Matrix, we are creative, innovative and accomplished. Our employees are proud of the products we manufacture and drive a positive spirit throughout our organization. We treat our employees exactly the same as all of our customers, with value and respect.
We have a newly created opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety candidate to join a growing team:
- Maintain and support the EHS program
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and understand how they impact the business
- Develop, implement and oversee procedures and programs to ensure Federal and State compliance with EPA and DEP
- Perform environmental and safety training to meet all regulatory requirements
- Investigate safety and occupational health related injuries/accidents.
- Perform or coordinate Industrial Hygiene monitoring, interpreting the results and implement changes as required
- Identification and management of Hazardous Waste
- Manage storage, handling, and labeling of hazardous waste
- Manifesting, transporting, & shipping hazardous waste
- Documentation and record keeping
- Maintain reporting requirements under local, state, federal regulations
- Obtain and maintain operating permits and licenses that are required the Environmental Protection Agency
- Knowledge of Hazardous Waste regulations, Waste Treatment Systems operation & maintenance.
- Lead safety and related meetings, and other project teams
- Supports Materials Management Manager in all aspects relating to safety and participates on Safety Committee
- Monitors safety regulations and provides technical support to Company personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Reviews safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Maintain required record keeping.
- Investigate safety and occupational health related injuries/accidents and follow-up with corrective actions with regards to safety hazards.
- Works directly with all department in safety issues and in preventative and corrective actions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferable in medical device environment of highly regulated industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and follow up skills.
- Computer and software skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of all hazardous chemicals & materials within the manufacturing facility
- Must be able to work safely with hazardous chemicals
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and working knowledge of ISO
- Experience working with state agencies on compliance activities
- Knowledge and working experience with OSHA preferred
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities accordingly.
If you are interested, we welcome your application. Please send resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Visit us at www.collagenmatrix.com to learn more. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Collagen Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Collagen Matrix celebrates the diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
HSE Advisor (Industrial Hygienist) – NJ
This role is an Industrial Hygiene (IH) position requiring effective interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in word processing and database tools. Responsibilities involve workplace monitoring of physical and chemical agents, direct client interaction, equipment upkeep, computer input/recordkeeping, and maintenance of ongoing IH site programs.
- Performs routine and non-routine monitoring of physical and chemical agents in the workplace with minimal supervision
- Publish and communicate exposure assessment reports
- Direct interaction with site clients to develop an annual IH monitoring plan / program
- Owner of Bayway Hazardous Communication program for OSHA compliance
- Develop annual Exposure Assessment plan for IH monitoring while following Infineum Exposure Assessment Strategy (EAS)
- Support compliance with OSHA chemical specific standards
- Determine Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for operations based on chemical and exposure data
- Preparation of tables, graphs and descriptive reports of monitoring results
- Coordination of any monitoring by contractors
- IH equipment upkeep (maintenance, calibration, recordkeeping) and inventory control
- Coordination / recordkeeping of Radiation Badge Program and serve as site Radiation Officer
- Support Air-Purifying Respiratory Protection Program (selection, fit-testing, recordkeeping)
- Dual site responsibilities with primary at Bayway and supporting role at LBTC as required
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
- BS degree in a relevant major field of study applicable to industrial hygiene development preferred
- Minimum of 5-year relevant experience is required
- Experience in a manufacturing plant setting is preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills needed
- Proficiency using spreadsheets, word processing and database tools
For more information, and to apply, visit: https://www.infineum.com/en-gb/careers/career-opportunities/hse-advisor-industrial-hygienist/
IH and Environmental Positions – New York, NY
ALC Environmental still has positions available! If you are interested in working in the environmental field in the New York City Area…Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have full and part-time needs for:
LPB Inspectors & Risk Assessors
Industrial Hygiene Technicians
Trainers ( Spanish and English)
and various Assistant Project Manager Roles
Please send you resume to email@example.com